Commercial Rating Requirements FAR 61.123:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must hold at least a
private pilot certificate
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand
the English Language
- Receive Flight and Ground instruction with appropriate
- Pass the written exam and the practical.
Experience requirements FAR 61.129(a):
250 hours of flight time on the day of your exam that will include:
- 100 hours in powered aircraft, 50 hours must be in airplanes
hours of pilot-in-command flight time which includes:
- 50 hours in airplanes
- 50 hours in cross-country flight of which at least 10 must be in airplanes
- 20 hours of training in the areas of operation in 61.127(b)(1) to include:
- 10 hours of instrument training; 5 must be in airplanes
hours of training in an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and controllable pitch propeller.
- 2 hour cross country flight in a single engine airplane in daytime conditions of more than 100 nautical
miles straight line distance from the original point of departure.
- 2 hour
cross country flight in a single engine airplane in nighttime conditions of more than 100 nautical miles straight line distance
from the original point of departure.
- 3 hours in a single engine airplane with
an authorized instructor in preparation for the practical test within 2 calendar months of the test.
- 10 hours solo or pilot in command in a single engine airplane with an authorized flight instructor
on board to include:
- One cross country flight of not less than 300 nautical
miles total distance, with landings at a minimum of three points , one of which is a straight line distance of at least 250
nautical miles from the departure point.
- 5 hours in night VFR conditions with
10 takeoffs and landings at an airport with an operational control tower.