Rating Requirements FAR 61.65:
- Must hold a current
private pilot certificate
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand
the English language
- Receive Flight and Ground instruction with appropriate
- Pass the written exam and the practical.
Experience requirements FAR 61.65(d):
- 40 hours
of instrument time
- 15 hours instrument instruction
- 50 hours of cross country flight time as PIC
hours must be in airplanes
- 3 hours of instrument flight training from
an authorized instructor within 2 calendar months before the date of the practical test
cross country flight in an airplane of at least:
- 250 nautical miles along
airways or by direct routing from air traffic control.
- An instrument approach
at each airport.
- 3 different kinds of approaches with the use of navigation