Private Pilot Requirements FAR 61.103:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be able to provide a photo I.D. and a birth certificate, or a valid Passport
- Be able to read,
speak, write and understand the English language.
- Be able to obtain at least a 3rd class medical
- Be able to pass a knowledge test as well as a practical test.
Experience Requirements FAR
- Minimum of 20 hours flight training
which must include the following:
- 3 hours cross country
- 3 hours instrument training
- 3hours night flying to include
- One cross country at least
100 nm total distance.
- 10 takeoffs and landings to a full stop.
- Minimum of 10 hours solo flight which includes:
- 5 hours solo cross country
solo cross country must be at least 150nm total distances, with landings at three airports.
- Three takeoffs and landings at
an airport with an operating control tower.
40 hours is the minimum set by the FAA.
Why learn to fly at Mike's Flying Service?
training may be required for some students.